Monday, November 26, 2012

I Am Thankful For...


    November is my busiest month. Most people find December, with all it's shopping and holidays, the more stressful month, but for me, it's November. Not only do I start my Christmas shopping, but also, everyone I seem to know, or am related to, was born in November. (I think we can thank having Valentine's Day in Februrary for that.)  Even  my son and husband have November birthdays. And, I hosted Thanksgiving for the first time EVER, this year, so add that in as well.

So, I'm late with my November gratitude, but without further ado, I am thankful for:

1.  My husband, son, mother, in-laws, extended family, friends and pets. I was thankful to have people around my table at Thanksgiving this year, thankful to those who contributed in all ways to the dinner, thankful for the food we were abundantly blessed with, and thankful I didn't burn anything. I'm especially thankful to my brother and his girlfriend for making and bringing the turkey, as I've never made one before, and didn't think it'd be nice to use my family as guinea pigs on my first try.

2.  I'm grateful that all those I know who had to travel this Thanksgiving, made it safely to their destinations and back.

3.  I am thankful for people who say thank you. Seriously. I'm amazed at the many  people who I will send a gift to in the mail, who never respond that they received it, nor say thank you. So, I'm very thankful when someone acknowledges that I was thinking of them and that they want me to know they received my gift.

4.  I'm thankful for my health. I'm not thankful for my persistant tendonitis in my left leg, but I know that at the tender age of fifty, things could be a lot worse, so I'm grateful for my health.

5.  I'm thankful to be able to use any extra time I can find in my day to do what I love, writing. I'm thankful for my critique partners, and thankful to all who buy my books. I'm thankful to everyone who thinks I have a shred of talent. You inspire me.

6.  I'm thankful I chose not to do NaNo this year. I learned my lesson the last two years, that trying to do NaNo on top of all the stress just wasn't going to cut it, and the last thing I needed  was to feel that I failed--again.

7.  I'm thankful for other writers. Without them, what would I do aboiut my love for reading? Can you imagine a world without books? That said, I'm also very thankful for libraries.

8.  I'm thankful for movies and television. Enough said.

9. I'm thankful to the celebrities who use their fame and vast wealth to make the world a better place.

10. I'm thankful to all who rescue and help find homes for abandoned or abused animals.

Tally and I the day we met! 

11. I'm thankful to all who dedicate their careers to helping others and the men and women who work to find cures for cancer, autism and other diseases/disabilities afflicting my family and friends. 

12. I'm thankful I found a great dental office and am no longer afraid to go to the dentist. :-)

13.  I'm grateful to live in a wonderfully multicultural neighborhood with friendly and fantastic neighbors.

14.  I'm grateful for warmer winters in Wisconsin, mostly because I have to walk the dog so much. (My apologies to those upset about global warming).

15. I'm thankful for cheese ravioli and wine!

And on that note, I want to wish you all Happy Holidays and the best New Year ever!


  

       

No comments:

Post a Comment