Friday, November 9, 2012

The Next Big Thing Bloghop!

Betsy Norman tagged me in The Next Big Thing Bloghop! I am to tell you all about the latest book I am querying for representation and share the love by tagging other bloggers.

1. What is the working title of your book? Restless Hearts

2. Where did you get the idea for your book?  I watched a documentary about an infamous woman around the turn of the century.

3. What is the genre of your book? Historical Romantic Suspense

4. Which actors would you choose to play the characters in your book? My hero would be played by Dan Stevens who currently plays Matthew Crawley on "Downton Abby", and my heroine would be played by Joanne Froggatt who plays Anna on "Downton Abby". 

5. My one sentence elevator pitch? Young, beautiful, Irish immigrant learns to live and love again when she finds herself alone in New York City after her fiance' perishes on the Titanic.

6. Will your book be represented by a publisher or self-published? I have previously self-published two novels and will most likely self-publish this one, however, I will query it out a bit first. I'm certainly not opposed to acquiring and agent and publisher. :-)

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft? I started this a couple months ago and am on Chapter Ten. I'm not a fast writer, but hey, life happens.

8. What other books compare in your genre?  Nothing could possibly compare to this novel. LOL. <wink>


9. Who or what inspired your book? See #2 above--probably also the movie "Titanic" because I fell in love with that period in American history after watching that movie.

10. What else about the book might pique a reader’s interest? I've got some terrific villains who make Brigid's life in New York dreadful. Lots of twists and turns you won't see coming. I think it's a unique story.


For this bloghop, I’m supposed to carry on the chain by tagging up to five other writer/bloggers. Here are two awesome and inspiring fellow writers:

Sarah Bradley
Angie Stanton

No comments:

Post a Comment